Thursday 23 March 2017

Training Update 23rd March 2017

It's been a couple of months since my last posting, which is pretty slack by any standard. My training for the upcoming challenge walks and 1000 miles target have been hampered by a knee problem. Having seen both physio and doctor, and with a course of anti-inflammatory drugs and strengthening exercises, I may now be getting back on track.

This week I've taken a few days off to squeeze in some practice walks. One, to check how the knee holds up and two, to check that I'm fit enough. I am, thankfully!! I've managed 15 miles over the course of 2 days, with a bit of tension and discomfort from the knee during hilly descents, but I can live with that. The main aim is to keep on track and complete the challenges. Times are irrelevant with such little preparation.

Next up is the South Wales 3 Peaks Gold route on Saturday 25th March. 20 miles of the best Black Mountains walking to be found, taking in Blorenge, Sugarloaf and Skirrid Fawr along the way. Best of all, the weather forecast is favourable.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment