Thursday 5 January 2017

New Year, New Motivation, New Blog!

So here it is, 2017 and the blog I'd been promising to write for most of 2016. The main aim to record and log all the walks that I go on and keep track of progress on the 'Walk 1000 Miles' challenge run by livefortheoutdoors.com. This is my second year attempting the challenge, last year I only managed to break 500 miles, but raised some much needed funds for Friends of Northern Dobermans (FOND).

Depending on the length, location and difficulty of the walk, I will either be alone, with my wife and dobie (Bonnie) or my mate Al.


I raised funds for FOND last year as I had initial dealings with them when rehoming Bonnie in June 2015. They took me through the rehoming process and conducted my home check even though the rehoming opportunity fell through. They put me in touch with and provided references to Dobermann Rehoming Association (DRA), which is where I met and rehomed Bonnie. As well as rehoming Dobermans, FOND do a lot of rescuing and have had a very busy year, all funded by donations and carried out by volunteers.

This blog is meant as a personal record, but I hope readers find it enjoyable and interesting. Here are the links to the Walk 1000 Miles , FOND and DRA websites.




No comments:

Post a Comment